We are a group of high schoolers from Canton, Massachusetts looking to make a change in STEAM education in the Canton area. Click the button below to read about us!
Project REMOTE is a project we will be competing with internationally through the Community Problem Solving Program. Community Problem solving is a branch of Future Problem Solving and is a fun way for teens to help their community. We chose this project because we feel how important it is for students in the Canton area to learn more about STEAM, especially during this time when dealing with a new learning environment can be challenging. To learn more about the program CLICK HERE.
Project REMOTE teaches kids about various aspects in STEAM, including science experiments and fun ways to create art! Through the involvement of young members in our community, our goal is to increase an interest in STEAM!
Reimagining Educational and Meaningful Opportunities to Engage.
1. Newsletters! We will put out a newsletter every 2 weeks letting you know about upcoming videos and previous videos! We will also send out the dates for approaching live meetups!
2. Zoom Meetings! Our live meetings will help us get to know our audience better and allow us to take suggestions and requests for any experiment ideas you have.
3. Videos! In our videos we explain different concepts and have a fun and exciting activity to go along with it! We may also include worksheets for certain videos to either do the experiment on or to track your progress.
4. Social Media Posts! We will be posting occasional posts about our project and upcoming events.
5. Merch Drop! You can buy our merch, such as stickers! We will post drop dates on our Newsletters as well as on our Social Media Posts.
6. Home Kits! Can’t do a super fun experiment just because you don’t have the materials needed? Don’t worry! Just let us know and we can send you one of our home kits! We provide the materials you need in the right amounts so that you can do the activity or experiment. This option is not available for all activities.
Age is just a number, and you know your kids best. Project Remote serves anyone who is willing to participate and learn!
After winning second place at the Future Problem Solving International Conference, our team has decided to start new CmPS projects for next year. Working on Project REMOTE this year has taught us all so many valuable lessons, we feel we've learned just as much as the kids who watch our videos! Thank you for all the support! P.S. All our resources are still available, so feel free to learn something new! - The Project REMOTE Team